- Technical, scientific and human autonomy, based on professional practice standards, ethical and moral values.
- High technical-scientific competence, based on critical reflection, using clinical practice based on current evidence, and constant professional development.
- Ability to exercise a reflective clinical practice in terms of rehabilitation and health promotion, in different clinical situations and in different communities.
- Ability to integrate the most varied health institutions, in transdisciplinary and multidisciplinary teams, respecting and recognizing the functions and skills of the other professionals.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial and innovative spirit contributing to the development of physiotherapy.
- Capacity for cooperation and technical and scientific exchange with national and foreign institutions.
- Spirit of support to the community, with a view to promoting socio-economic and cultural institutions and their regions.