- Train highly qualified professionals, with scientific, technical, pedagogical and cultural preparation, capable of responding to the health needs of individuals and populations;
- Develop a solid set of competencies / knowledge and skills that guarantee maximum quality in the performance of the nursing care they provide;
- Responding to the needs of the community, whether in terms of physical, psychological, social or spiritual care, thus ensuring respect for the other’s holistic vision.
- Promote cultural, scientific and technical exchanges with other institutions, whether public, private, national or foreign, with similar objectives in view of mutual enrichment.
- Respond to contemporary challenges associated with the need for entrepreneurship in nursing and health.
- Promote the mastery of a 2nd language which, combined with the skills already mentioned and in a perspective of empowerment, will facilitate integration in different labor markets, thus responding to the challenges of globalization.